Elliot is active as a writer, composer and musical director.
- TicketMaster Composer Awards — Best Friends and Butterflies
- Best Musical For Young People — Best Friends and Butterflies
- TMA Award For Best Musical — Once Upon A Time At The Adelphi
- New York Festival Award - Sugar Plum Story Time (21 Original Short Stories for the BBC)
- Best Original Book and Audience Choice Award for Best Musical in The BOH Cameronian Arts Awards - The Secret Life Of Nora
- NOMINATED: What’s On Stage Awards 2013 - Soho Cinders & Loserville (Best Musical).
Elliot has written the script, music and lyrics for Loserville which after a successful run at West Yorkshire Playhouse in June 2012 opened at The Garrick Theatre, in the West End from the 1st October 2012. Click here for more Loserville information.
Elliot collaborated with James Bourne on Loserville with whom he has also written Out There . Click here for more Out There information.
Out There had a successful run in July 2012 at London’s Riverside Studios this summer. Out There is published for schools and amateur groups by Josef Weinbergers.
Recently Elliot co-wrote the book of Soho Cinders with Anthony Drewe, (music by George Stiles) which premiered in concert form in the West End in 2011 and had a successful seven week run at the Soho Theatre. Click here for more Soho Cinders information
Elliot has just received a major commission from BBC Films to write his first feature film.
He wrote the book for a new musical in Malaysia called The Secret Life Of Nora which won best original book in the Best Original Book and Audience Choice Award for Best Musical in The BOH Cameronian Arts Awards
In 2010 Elliot composed the music for The Silver Tassie produced by Druid Theatre and directed by Garry Hynes. This production played at the Lincoln Centre Festival in New York, Summer 2011.
Other new musicals written by Elliot include, Best Friends and Butterflies (TicketMaster Composer Award and Award For Best Musical For Young People), Once Upon A Time At The Adelphi (TMA Theatre Managers Association Award for Outstanding Musical), ‘X’ with lyrics by Stephen Clark.
Elliot also has a prolific career writing for Radio and has written and produced the many documentary profiles of the world’s leading musicians for the BBC. These include, Neil Diamond, Freddie Mercury's 60th Commemoration for the BBC, Barry Manilow, Lisa Minnelli, the Bee Gees, Paul Anka, Jerry Herman, James Last and Lionel Bart.
He wrote of 21 original short stories for the BBC in Sugar Plum Storytime which won the New York Festival International Radio Award.
As an musical arranger Elliot has worked with Stephen Schwartz on re-orchestrating Pippin, commercial tracks for Betty Blue Eyes and also with George Stiles on a new musical ‘Soapdish’, The Pro’s The Con’s and A Screw (Derby Playhouse), Fings Ain’t Wot They Used To Be (Union Theatre 2011) and many other productions!
Elliot Supporting The Teenage Cancer Trust
Every year for the past few years Elliot has staged a concert to raise funds to Teenage Cancer Trust. The Teenage Cancer trust is dedicated to building specialist medical units to meet the specific needs of teenagers battling cancer.
- In 2008 Elliot trekked to Costa Rica.
- 2010 Elliot staged a variety concert At Wilton's Music Hall and then trekked to the Himalayas.
- In 2011 Elliot staged a concert at The Queens Theatre of his new musical co-written with George Stiles and Anthony Drewe called Soho Cinders.
- Elliot and Anthony Drewe completed their trek for Teenage Cancer Trust to Machu Picchu. Click here for photo gallery .
Click here to see the images of the TCT Concerts and the treks.